Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (I use reduced sodium soups)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
- 3/4 cup water
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet. Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the meat. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done. ( I leave it all day on Low and it does fine.)
We get 3 meals out of this recipe. I freeze 2 portions for later use.
Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast
- 1 (10 pound) boneless turkey breast (I buy about a 6# breast as that is as large of a breast as my crockpot will hold.)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix (I reduce this and all remaining ingredients somewhat for the smaller breast.)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (such as Season-All®)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
1. Place turkey breast into a large slow cooker. Whisk onion soup mix and water in a bowl and pour the mixture over the turkey breast, spreading it out to evenly cover the meat.
2. Stir garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, seasoned salt, basil, and oregano in a bowl until thoroughly combined; sprinkle the seasonings over the turkey breast.
3. Cook on Low until turkey is very tender and the seasonings have flavored the meat, 8 to 9 hours. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, should read at least 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
This provides multiple meals for us or we can also use it for sandwiches or Turkey Hash.
Chicken in Marsala Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped shallot
2 garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Marsala ( or Riesling)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine olive oil, shallot and garlic in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper; coat chicken with mixture and add to slow cooker.
- Scatter mushrooms over chicken and add Marsala.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Drain liquid into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch with 2 tsp water and stir into saucepan; simmer for 1 minute and add back into slow cooker. Stir in parsley.
- Serve chicken with sauce and, if desired, rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
2-3 # pork loin roast
1 lg. sliced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp smoke flavoring
Small can chicken broth
1. Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Combine the spices and rub into the roast.
3. Place the roast in the crockpot.
4. Pour the chicken broth around the roast.
5. Cook on low 8 hrs.
6. Remove the roast from the pot and shred with 2 forks.
7. Serve on buns with warmed barbeque sauce of choice and slaw if desired.
Chicken Enchilada Crock Pot Casserole
3 chicken breast halves, cooked and
1 onion chopped &
1 minced garlic clove sauted in
1 Tbsp. oil
10 oz. can enchilada sauce and
8 oz. can tomato sauce &
3/4 tsp. cumin &
salt and pepper to taste – all stirred
into the sauted veg.
12 corn tortillas
2 (2-1/4 oz.) cans sliced blk olives
Black beans (19.75 oz can)
Fiesta corn (15.25 oz can)
Mexican 4 cheese 2% 14 oz.(or cheddar)
Layer in crockpot: 3 tortillas, 1/3
chicken, 1/3 sauce, beans, corn,
olives and cheese.
Repeat times 2.
Top with remaining tortillas.
Cook on Low 6-8 hours.